Motorhomes   |   Van Hire

Return to a different location?


Birmingham Airport records busiest month ever

Another great month for the Car Hire Birmingham Airport depot after the airport recorded a superb month.

Birmingham Airport recorded the busiest month of its history with over one million passengers using the airport during August. The previous record was back in the same month in 2008 and beat it by 2.3%.

There was also a one per cent increase in long haul passenger traffic with flights operating to Beijing, Dubai, Delhi, Egypt, Islamabad, Jamaica, Mexico, New York and Toronto in August.

Airport chief executive Paul Kehoe said “Passengers are voting with their feet and more and more are choosing to fly from Birmingham. The demand is clearly there, but we want to make sure this trend continues. We’ve invested significantly in recent years, including a newly extended runway, which allows departing aircraft to fly to more long haul destinations than ever before. The capability to serve more long haul destinations will play a key role in attracting more passengers and support future growth.”

Scheduled traffic in August accounted for 77.3% of trips using Birmingham with charter flights making up the remaining 22.7%.

Easirent Facebook  Easirent Twitter  

Registered 5th Floor Reception, Horton House, Exchange Flags, Liverpool L2 3PF • Registered in England 06895847

Disclaimer: ER CAPITAL LTD and its vehicle rental business trading as "Easirent" is in no way connected to or associated with, affiliated to or endorsed by the easyGroup of companies (which includes easyJet, easyCar, easyMoney, easyInternetcafe, easyValue, easyCinema and easyCruise). For further information on the easyGroup please refer to

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. Learn more about your choices and cookies