Thursday 14th of May 2015
To apply for this job email your CV and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Driver / Valeter (Car Rental) – onsite with limited driving
Easirent – a national car rental company – are often on the lookout for dynamic new team players to join the successful team at our very busy branches. Please state clearly in your application which location you are applying for.
We are a family-run company established in 1999 and the only car British-owned car rental company based at most major UK airports. Our steady expansion has been built on the unbeatable prices, fantastic cars and excellent service our talented staff give to our customers. We take pride in our customers’ satisfaction, which is why we are a market leader and why our customers come back to us time and time again.
This is mainly a valeting role based onsite with driving restricted to the yard and is not suitable for those seeking a long distance driving role. The role of driver / valeter will entail preparing rental vehicles for presentation to our customers by:
• Cleaning and polishing inside and out to make our cars a shining example
• Checking and adjusting fluid levels, fuel, oil, water, antifreeze levels etc.
• Checking to see if a service is due
• Checking the vehicle for any defects and maintenance issues e.g. bulbs, tyres, etc.
• Checking vehicles in and out from hire with customers
• Carefully inspecting vehicles for damage and any missing parts before and after a hire and recording / reporting these correctly
• Ensuring the paperwork is completed correctly and signed by the customer
• Driving / shunting company vehicles around the yard in a safe and courteous fashion in accordance with the requirements of the Department of Transport and highway code as well as within company policies
• Ensuring vehicles are sparkling clean to showroom standard, tidy and ready to go
• Showing the customer around the vehicle and ensuring they know how to operate it e.g. location of light switch, indicator, fuel release cap, basic car hire procedures etc.
• Providing our customers with a fantastic service and overall experience
• Any other duties commensurate with the role, as required
If you wish to apply for this role, you must:
• have held a full UK licence for at least 1 year (if you are at least 25 years) or for at least 2 years (if you are 23-24 years) and have no more than a maximum of 6 minor penalty points (no drink or drug-related points)
• be at least 23 years old upon joining us due to insurance purposes (exceptions may be possible dependent on driving experience)
• Any driving suspensions must have expired at least 3 years ago
• Have strong attention to detail, be safety conscious and take pride in keeping cars tip top and sparkling, both inside and outside
• Be flexible and have a strong sense of team spirit
• Have a smart, professional appearance, courteous manner and good rapport building skills
o Previous experience in the car rental sector and a passion for cars would be desirable, however this is not essential.
o Fluency in more than one language (in additional to excellent English) would be advantageous as we regularly attend to customers from across the globe.
Rewards: Incentive scheme offering discounts with various shops, restaurants, gyms etc. There may also be a bonus available for excellent performance.
Progression: We can offer you the opportunity to develop a long-term career with us and support to help you achieve this. There may be the opportunity to progress into branch trainee management in the future for the right candidate. Help us to grow the business and drive sales for the brand, and we will help you steer your career into the fast lane.
Please note: the National Living Wage / National Minimum Wage rates applicable to you may be lower than the advertised rates for this role. Please check that you would be happy with the rate applicable to your situation before accepting any role with us.
Hours: 48 per week (salary will be pro-rata for flexible or part time work)
Holidays: 20 days holiday per year plus bank holidays to be taken in lieu
• car valeting: 1 year
You will be required to prove your right to work in the UK at the interview stage, by providing the relevant documents, such as ID, a UK Passport and National Insurance Number before any offer of employment can be made.
If you believe you have what it takes to become one of our success stories, then please apply today!