Jaybank Leisure Ltd t/a Easi Rent Terms & Conditions
DEFINITION OF TERMS AND CONDITIONS
In the event of any discrepancy between these Terms and Conditions and any other Easirent literature, the provisions of these Terms and Conditions apply. All rental vehicles are under the ownership/ lease of Jaybank Leisure Limited, 44 Queen Street, Wigan WN3 4HX. ‘DRIVER / HIRER’ means the person(s) nominated as the driver(s) under the RENTAL AGREEMENT. ‘RENTAL AGREEMENT’ means the document read and signed by the hirer on collection and return of the vehicle. It includes details of ‘Customer’, ‘Vehicle Details’, ‘Rental Period’, ‘Collision Damage Waiver’, ‘Departure Checklist’.
• All Online Reservations are pre paid
• All prices quoted and charged in £ (GBP).
• Vehicles will not be released without full payment being received prior to collection.
• Credit & Debit cards must be in the name of the hirer.
2. HIRE PERIOD
• ‘Hire Period’ refers to the dates agreed in the Rental Agreement.
• Rental is charged on a per day basis.
• All branches open 7 days per week. Any late returns must be advised to us immediately.
• Easi Rent reserves the right to increase the minimum rental period for certain events.
3. HIRE RATES INCLUDE
• Fully Comprehensive Insurance for one named driver holding a full driving licence for more than 2 years*
• Full Breakdown & Roadside Assistance**
4. HIRER AGE AND DRIVING LICENCE CREDENTIALS
The hirer must accept the below age and licence credentials:
• Driver(s) must be aged over 30 years to 70 years to rent
• Driver(s) must hold a valid full driving licence for at least 24 months.
• Driver(s) must provide two separate forms of identification, including valid photographic identification on collection of vehicle otherwise hire will be invalidated i. e. : valid passport and driving licence.
• If you have a GB driving licence, we require you to log in to the DVLA website and check the counterpart of your driving licence. We are unable to insure you if we are not able to login and check your driving licence details.
• If you have a Northern Ireland driving licence, we require both the photocard and the paper counterpart.
• You must declare at the time of booking if there are any endorsements on your driving licence. Easi Rent may not be able to provide cover for some endorsements. Charges may apply for penalty points. We cannot hire to drivers who have more than 6 penalty points. Failure to declare an accident or driving conviction invalidates insurance.
• Should any driver fail to present all of the correct documentation and identification on collection of the vehicle or the documentation does not meet the driver requirements set out in the terms and conditions, then Easi Rent will be unable to release the vehicle. No refunds will be given.
Fully comprehensive insurance is provided by Easi Rent through our insurers to the driver(s) named on the rental agreement. The vehicle is insured for damage to the vehicle and the property of a third party but does not include any personal insurance for the customer including death or bodily injury to the driver nor does it cover any personal possessions. The hire rate quoted includes a standard excess outlined in section 6. Only persons named on the Rental Agreement are insured to drive the vehicle.
5a. ADDITIONAL INSURANCE CHARGES
• Insurance for an additional driver is charged additionally per day.
• Additional insurance charges may apply if the hirer has an occupation that is deemed to be high risk.
• Additional insurance charges may apply if the hirer holds a non-EU driving licence.
• The theft of an Easi Rent vehicle will not be covered by insurance if the ignition keys are left in, on the vehicle, or in an unsecure place whilst the vehicle is unoccupied and the hirer shall be held fully responsible for a replacement vehicle.
• Please note that no insurance is offered for damage to the roof/overhead cab of any vehicle and any damage is deemed as gross negligence. Therefore, the hirer accepts full liability for these which is in addition to the standard excess of the vehicle should that apply. -The security deposit or any reduction of the security deposit does not cover any damage to the overhead luton area or underside of the Easi Rent vehicle. Should any damage occur the hirer agrees to pay a fixed charge of £2000 plus the security deposit
• Windscreen, mirrors and/or tyre damage is not covered by the standard vehicle insurance, however, additional coverage can be purchased & this is outlined in section 6. No other hire insurance is acceptable for the rental of an Easi Rent vehicle, unless agreed in advance prior to rental commencing.
6. SECURITY DEPOSIT
A security deposit between £100 and £500 shall be taken on the day of your hire. The Deposit amount depends on the vehicle you are renting, please contact us on 01942 77 88 99 for more details.
7. COLLISION DAMAGE WAIVER (CDW)
The COLLISION DAMAGE WAIVER (CDW) is the standard insurance charge for the vehicle with an insurance excess.
8. HIREABLE EXTRAS
For the driver’s convenience we offer extra items at a small charge per day, per item
• Sat Nav GPS
• Extra Driver
• Baby Seat
• Booster Seat
9. FUEL & GAS LEVELS
Our Easirent rental agents can supply fuel at an extra cost. Please note that we do not offer refunds for unused fuel when you return the vehicle.
10. CANCELLATION BY EASI RENT
Easi Rent reserves the right to cancel a reservation for the following reasons:
• If Named Driving Licence is not produced or valid in accordance with stated conditions.
• Hirer fails to provide funds for security deposit payment (standard excess) by credit card or debit card at the point of collection.
• The Address on driving licence does not match billing address. Additional proof of id is required
• Hirer does not provide a valid passport or driving licence as proof of ID.
• Due to operational issues affecting rental fleet.
• Hirer is in breach of any term in this agreement.
• The hirer obtained the vehicle through fraud or misrepresentation.
• If any statement, representation or warranty made by the hirer in respect to himself or additional drivers is incorrect.
• The vehicle appears to be abandoned.
• The vehicle is not returned at the agreed date or Easi Rent reasonably believes the vehicle will not be returned on the agreed return date.
• Easi Rent considers on reasonable ground that the safety of passengers or the vehicle is in danger. The hirer understands that in the event of such termination or repossession that the hirer has no right to a refund or any part of the rental charges or the security deposit.
• Easi Rent’s liability is limited to the refunds of all monies paid by the hirer. No compensation is available for additional arrangements booked by hirer (e. g. : flights, concert tickets).
• Easi Rent reserve the right to amend our cancellation policy for certain events. Easi Rent reserve the right to refuse to hire to any person, without stating cause.
10a. CANCELLATION BY HIRER In the event of a cancellation by the hirer we do not offer refunds on pre paid online reservations
11. VEHICLE HANDOVER
At collection, the hirer will be demonstrated the vehicle and shown all the basic controls.
12. USE OF THE VEHICLE
During the rental period, the hirer agrees that the vehicle will not be:
• Driven other than in a cautious, prudent and normal manner or used in a manner which could cause damage.
• Driven in a prohibited area.
• Driven by a person under the influence of alcohol or drugs or with a blood alcohol level in excess of that permitted by law.
• Driven by a person who is unauthorised to drive the vehicle as set out under the heading ‘Driver details’ of the Easi Rent Rental Agreement.
• Used to carry more persons in accordance with the provision of seatbelts in the vehicle.
• Left with the ignition key in or on the vehicle while it is unoccupied (invalidates insurance).
• Damaged by submersion in water or in contact with salt water.
• Used for any illegal purpose for any race, rally or contest.
• Used to tow any vehicle or trailer.
• Used to carry passengers or property for hire or reward.
• Used to carry volatile liquids, gases, explosives or other corrosive or inflammable material.
• Driven on any road surfaces other than sealed / bitumen roads. Some roads & passes have height, weight & width restrictions, it is the responsibility of the hirer to ensure the vehicle is permitted on the routes chosen. Failure to check these details could invalidate any insurance.
• I understand that Easi Rent reserves the right at any time, at its sole discretion, to restrict vehicle movements in certain areas due to adverse road or weather conditions or any other reasonable cause. SMOKING:
• Smoking is not permitted in any Easi Rent vehicles. Easi Rent reserves the right to impose additional cleaning charges should smoke be detected in the vehicle. PETS:
• Animals are not permitted in any Easi Rent vehicle unless agreed with Easi Rent and an additional premium been paid.
13. DRIVING IN MAINLAND EUROPE
European cover must be booked at least two weeks minimum before the commencements date of the hire. Please call us 01942 77 88 99
14. BREAKDOWN AND VEHICLE MAINTENANCE
The hirer will take all reasonable steps to properly maintain the vehicle on hire including checking oil and coolant levels, tyre pressures and batteries The hirer acknowledges that Easi Rent will reimburse me for expenditure up to £50 reasonably incurred in rectifying a mechanical failure not deemed to be driver fault. Valid receipts must be provided for reimbursement. The hirer will be liable for any costs associated with the incorrect use of fuel. All Easi Rent vehicles run on either petrol or diesel. 24-hour Roadside Assistance is provided under the hire contract for all UK hires. It is the responsibility of the hirer to arrange their own European Breakdown cover. The hirer must receive authority before instructing repairs to any of the Easi Rent vehicles. Easi Rent Head Office must be notified by telephone for any repairs relating to an Easi Rent vehicle.
15. RESPONSIBILITY WHEN AN ACCIDENT OCCURS:
In the event of any accident, loss or damage arising out of the use of an Easi Rent vehicle including damage to a third-party vehicle, the hirer will:
• Notify Easi Rent within 12 hours of the event
• Obtain the names and address of third parties and any witnesses and report the event to the nearest police station
• Complete the incident reporting form supplied by Easi Rent
• Assist Easi Rent in handling any claim arising from the event
• Acknowledge that the excess or other amount due in respect of any damage arising from an accident, loss or damage is payable at the time of reporting the event and not at the completion of the rental period, regardless of which party is at fault.
• Will pay any costs relating to the delivery of a change of vehicle as a result of an incident regardless of which party is at fault.
• Accept that no security deposit/excess will be refunded until the claim is settled.
16. FINES / TOLLS / CONGESTION CHARGES
Driver(s) are personally liable for all legal penalties and fees pertaining to any traffic violation infringements under the current Road Traffic Legislation applicable in the United Kingdom including Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland. Driver(s) are personally liable for any parking fines, private parking fines, tolls & congestion charges they incur during the hire period & allow Easi Rent to debit any credit / debit card details provided at the time of hire and charges arising out of any such event. Easi Rent will contact the customer after the rental agreement finishes if any traffic violation infringements are presented to Easi Rent for your hire period. The driver(s) will be liable for any penalties and fees pertaining to any traffic violation that has been incurred during their hire period. EASI RENT will notify the driver(s) of any speeding or parking fines and an administration charge of £55 for each infringement incurred throughout the hire period.
17. CONDITIONS OF HIRE
The company’s rental agreement is the sole contract for hiring the vehicle between Easi Rent and the hirer(s), driver(s) and/or passenger(s).
• The company takes no responsibility for any delay, loss, damage or injury that a hirer might experience no matter how it is caused or by whom.
• No refunds are payable on accommodation or Easi Rent if they are not available where a hirer or passenger changes or cancels or seeks to vary agreements after collection.
• These conditions cannot be varied or altered or waived by any employee or representative of Easi Rent or by anyone providing services or facilities.
• The company cannot be bound by any representative or statement unless it is confirmed in writing by Easi Rent’s management. COMPLAINTS Easi Rent are contactable on 0044 (0) 1942 77 88 99 throughout the rental period. All faults, damage or complaints must be reported immediately on this number or at the latest on return of the vehicle. If a complaint is not satisfactorily resolved upon return, the hirer must inform Easi Rent in writing within 10 working days. I hereby agree to the above terms and conditions in relation to the rental of the Easi Rent should any issues/incidents/accidents occur.