Moving house? Why not contact our Wigan Easirent depot for availability on vans to help ease the stress of moving.
Here’s a check list to make sure you’ve remembered everything:
6 weeks before the move
- Confirm date of move.
- If renting notify landlord of moving date.
- Check home insurance –make sure you have cover from the day you move
- Obtain written quotes from van hire companies
- Book extra storage space
- Notify relevant utility companies of your departure date
- Start getting rid of possessions you no longer need
- If you need new furniture and carpets order them now and arrange delivery
2 week before moving
- Start packing non- essentials
- De-register from your doctor and dentist if your moving out of the area
- Visit the post office to arrange for your post to be re-directed
- Notify your milkman and newspaper shop and give them the date you want to stop the service
- Make a list of everyone who should know your new address
- Finalise arrangements with the van hire company.
- Arrange a time to collect the keys for new home.
- Notify the bank of any changes to direct debits and standing orders.
If you have any enquiries or want to make a booking please do not hesitate to contact our Wigan Easirent depot on 01942 77 88 99.